Thursday, September 12, 2013

Big Announcement for My Readers

AMMANON Has Found an Agent!


Of course, there's still no way of knowing how quickly things will move from here. I'm sure the process of pitching to publishers is no less arduous for an agent as it was for me pitching to agents. And, as I've often lamented, publishing is an extremely slow-moving industry. But by golly it finally happened! At least, after all these years, I'm on my way.

There have been other changes, too. Rewrites; improvements. The criticisms of rejecting agents, (and these were legion, though only about 3 made comments, 5 sent form letters, the rest simply ignored) the characters didn't immediately engage the reader. Agreed. A sticky plot point came up at a book club meeting to which I was invited. I agreed and threw it out. Also, my style has matured considerably over the following books of the series. And no doubt the publisher's editor will do some tweaking, too. So it will be a much finer product when it finally reappears on the market.

From the bottom of my heart I thank all of you who have hung in there with me. It was your encouragement and enthusiasm that pulled me through all the obstacles, disappointments and frustrations. I love you all.

No comments: