Sunday, July 22, 2012

Air New Zealand to Offer Hobbit-Themed Flights


 Complete with pointy-eared flight attendants!
Yes, I’m a huge J. R. R. Tolkien fan, but this totally blows me away.  It’s a great gimmick, though; since New Zealand’s breathtaking scenery provides the setting for both the Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit. My friend Glenis Thomas of Wellington, NZ, has been keeping me up to date on the filming progress. Director Peter Jackson makes a video after each filming block, and Glenis sends me the links. I’m already thoroughly re-immersed in Middle Earth.
Wait til you see her big, hairy feet!
CNNGo reports that while the official launch date is not confirmed, Air New Zealand has decided that a Boeing 777-300 will focus on "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey," while a Boeing 777-200 will set the backdrop for a flight centered on "The Hobbit: There and Back Again." Changes will be made in safety briefings, flight attendant uniforms and airline social media contests to coordinate.

Now I really, REALLY wanna go to New Zealand!

No comments: